Due to the generous giving of churches and individuals from the community, FIRM is able to provide support services to the refugee community in Fresno. Support services are difficult for grant resources to cover, so these individuals make it possible to meet direct needs for Southeast Asian, Ukrainian/Slavic, African and Syrian families (as well as others). Some of the support services we can provide at FIRM are:
- Clothing/Blankets (we have a clothes closet at the FIRM campus)
- Emergency Food Assistance
- Support for PG&E, Rental Assistance and other bills during times of hardship
- Short-term, transitional housing support
- Medical bills or other direct medical costs
- Assistance with security deposits to secure housing
- Transportation (as vehicles are donated to FIRM)
- Other items as needed
Support services are provided as funds are available to families that seek support from FIRM. FIRM’s support services ministry specifically serves those that are from a refugee background! We believe strongly that our mission of “Sharing Christ’s love to build communities of hope with New Americans” includes meeting direct support for those that are in need.
If you are in need of support services, please contact FIRM at (559) 487-1500 or e-mail Program Manager, Lucky Siphongsay. Support services are provided as funds are available and on a case-by-case basis. Please contact us if you are in need of help and we will do our best to ensure that you are cared for.
If you would like to donate to allow FIRM to provide more support services to the community, please contact Executive Director, Zachary Darrah. Your donations are greatly needed as the requests for support services are far beyond the funds we have to meet the needs!